Wednesday, May 14, 2014

life lessons (Dukiebear)

So it seems that we all learn some life lessons the hard way, some more than others, some more humiliating than others. The hardest ones seem to hurt unbearably, right to the core. I've learned a few in my life and some have left scars.
Let's call this one Dukiebear lesson number one. I will call it that for reasons I can't ... won't get into right now.
I had been "dating" this guy,(as every great story begins).. we had chemistry and I liked him, he made me chuckle. He was covered in tattoos, which were a mixture of spiders, spider webs and east coast macho isms. The spiders representing his fear of them and the east coast and scotia stuff well I think made him feel like he was a part of somewhere. He had a odd tattoo on his neck, two words, "much love". He had a great smile and a fake tan. We gelled together great or so I thought.
He did not work, had been in a workplace accident and had his back seriously injured and was off on disability for about 4 years now. That should have been a sign. Too much time on his hands.
We went on a couple coffee dates, hung out in a pub where he sang karaoke? Seemed nice enough, kind of guy that everyone knew and liked. Another sign.
All was good we texted everyday and yes I did sleep with him if your wondering. I had known him for about a month and somehow thought it was going somewhere. Boy was I wrong.
I go out with my sister and a couple friends to see a band which I really enjoy at a bar that I have never been to. Dukiebear is there ....on a date. POP! there goes my bubble, someone stabbed it with a big old butcher knife.
Dukiebear sees me, so I decide not to approach him after all I am with my people and I really have too much class to make a scene....right? At the same time I do not leave the bar because that would make me a coward. So I endure the painful process of being in the room for the entire date....ouch. I dance and surprisingly do not drink to much because I know that would lead me to say things that would only make me desperate.
I leave with my sister at the end of the night, a little broken but OK
I do not text him.
The next night while out with my friend I receive a text message from Dukiebear, "hey babe, it was a date, that's all. you're the only one I had had sex with in 5 months"
I stare in disbelief, is it an apology?
Is it a confession?
No its a load of crap that I don't need. I never responded, mind you my lonely heart wanted to but I knew in my head I shouldn't.


"Much Love" babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment