Thursday, July 17, 2014

Boondocknewfie




The very first message I ever received was from a guy calling himself "Boondocknewfie". it wasn't a great message but it was sincere and a bit funny, so I responded. It was my very first attempt at a on-line date.He was from Newfoundland and was 33 years old. He was a little husky and not very tall but still there was something about him. he had blondish red hair and a double nose piercing in one nostril which had 2 hoops. i had never seen that before. I thought it was original.
We chatting quite abit for a couple weeks before I have enough nerve to meet him for coffee. he had a strong thick Newfoundland accent. So thick sometimes I didn't know what he was saying.lol. He was very sweet and down to earth. Not working at the time but was in the union and waiting to travel to Ontario to set out a ship that would travel The Great Lakes for 3 months at a time. Also interesting as I never heard of a job like that before.
So for the next couple weeks we decided to date, he decided to close his on-line dating account. "red flag" number 1, and I did not close mine.We would go for coffee and i would go to his place which he shared with his cousin and his wife. He liked to watch hockey a lot and he loved mixed "dubstep" style music.Turns out i liked it too and still continue to listen to it now.
The turning point in our blossoming relationship was when i had called him really shaken up about something that had happened to me. I had fainted and if my friend had not caught me, I would had seriously hurt myself. freaked me out.
Pius..... yes that was his name, named after a Pope. Go figure. he laughed on the phone. I was put off, I was upset looking for comfort and that's what I got. I quickly got off the phone and went to bed. I became stand off-ish and distant with him. He became curious and a little over bearing.
"You're popular on your phone" he would say....or he would ask me to do something and i would have plans and he would question me.....


.I'm a forty year old woman, I don't answer to anyone...for anything...


goodbye Boondocknewfie.....happy sailing

No comments:

Post a Comment